Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Swiss Giftliste 1
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.004 (25 C)
1.0455 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep container tightly closed.
Compatible chemical-resistant gloves. Chemical safety goggles. Protective clothing. Faceshield (8-inch minimum).
Use respirators and components tested and approvedunder appropriate government standards such as NIOSH (US) or CEN (EU). Where risk assessment shows air-purifying respirators areappropriate use a full-face respirator with multi-purposecombination (US) or type ABEK (EN 14387) respirator cartridges asa backup to engineering controls. If the respirator is the solemeans of protection, use a full-face supplied air respirator.
Cover with dry lime or soda ash, pick up, keep in a closed container, and hold for waste disposal. Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pickup is complete.
Stable at normal temperatures ant pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Oxides of carbon, oxides of nitrogen.
Extinguish with water spray, carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder or appropriate foam. Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes.
Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions.
Symptoms of exposure may include burning sensation, coughing, wheezing, laryngitis, shortness of breath, headache, nausea, and vomiting. Inhalation may result in spasm, inflammation and edema of the larynx and bronchi, chemical pneumonitis, and pulmonary edema. Material is extremely destructive to tissue of the mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract, eyes, and skin.
Harmful if swallowed.
May be harmful if inhaled. Material is extremely destructive to the tissue of the mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract.
Causes burns. May be harmful if absorbed through the skin.
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water provided person is conscious. Call a physician.
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
In case of contact, immediately wash skin with soap and copious amounts of water. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Call a physician.
In case of contact with eyes, flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Assure adequate flushing by separating the eyelids with fingers. Call a physician.