- 1-Naphthyl methyl ketone
- Methyl 1-naphthyl ketone
Light yellow liquid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Natural Product; Primary Irritant
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
9 - 10
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.0014 (25 C)
Vapor density (air=1)
1.1336 g/cm3 (0 C)
Solubility in water
1.61978 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep container closed when not in use. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothing to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents, strong reducing agents, strong bases.
Carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Extinguishing media: Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire. In case of fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or appropriate foam.
Ingestion of large amounts may cause gastrointestinal irritation. May be harmful if swallowed. Ingestion of large amounts has caused increased kidney and liver weights, hemorrhaging in the urinnary bladder, blood in the urine, decrease in number of spermatids, bone marrow congestion, and thymic congestion in animals.
May cause respiratory tract irritation.
May cause skin irritation.
May cause eye irritation.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
2914 39 00