Clear almost colorless liquid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.14 (25 C)
Vapor density (air=1)
1.283 g/cm3 (20 C)
1.5324 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of fusion
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Keep containers tightly closed.
Use only in a well ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Wash clothing before reuse.
Wear appropriate protective gloves, clothing and goggles.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up or absorb material, then place into a suitable clean, dry, closed container for disposal. Provide ventilation.
Stable at room temperature in closed containers under normal storage and handling conditions.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Use of water spray when fighting fire may be inefficient. Small Fires: Dry chemical, carbon dioxide, water spray or regular foam. Large Fires: Water spray, fog or regular foam. Do not use straight streams.
HIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames.
Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers.
Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Causes gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
Causes respiratory tract irritation.
Causes skin irritation.
Causes eye irritation.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid. Do NOT induce vomiting. Allow the victim to rinse his mouth and then to drink 2-4 cupfuls of water, and seek medical advice.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
In case of contact with substance, immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes.