1-Naphthalenediazonium, 2-hydroxy-4-sulfo-, inner salt
- 2-Hydroxy-4-sulfo-1-naphthalenediazonium hydroxide, inner salt
- 1-Naphthalenediazonium, 2-hydroxy-4-sulfo-, hydroxide, inner salt
Brown moist powder.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Keep away from sources of ignition. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Keep away from water. Flammables-area. Keep containers tightly closed. Store protected from light.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Do not allow water to get into the container because of violent reaction. Ground and bond containers when transferring material. Use spark-proof tools and explosion proof equipment. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Empty containers retain product residue, (liquid and/or vapor), and can be dangerous. Avoid contact with heat, sparks and flame. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Store protected from light. Do not allow contact with water. Do not pressurize, cut, weld, braze, solder, drill, grind, or expose empty containers to heat, sparks or open flames. Keep from contact with moist air and steam.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use. Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up or absorb material, then place into a suitable clean, dry, closed container for disposal. Remove all sources of ignition. Use a spark-proof tool. Do not expose spill to water. A vapor suppressing foam may be used to reduce vapors.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures. Combines vigorously or explosively with water.
Strong oxidizing agents, strong bases.
Carbon monoxide, oxides of nitrogen, oxides of sulfur, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Will burn if involved in a fire. Water Reactive. Material will react with water and may release a flammable and/or toxic gas. Use water spray to keep fire-exposed containers cool. Containers may explode in the heat of a fire. Flammable solid. May ignite or explode on contact with steam or moist air. Extinguishing media: Use dry sand or earth to smother fire. For small fires, use dry chemical, carbon dioxide, water spray or alcohol-resistant foam. For large fires, use water spray, fog, or alcohol-resistant foam. Do NOT use water directly on fire. Use water spray to cool fire-exposed containers. Water may be ineffective. DO NOT USE WATER! Do NOT use straight streams of water. Contact professional fire-fighters immediately.
Flammable/combustible material. May be ignited by friction, heat, sparks or flames.
Fire may produce irritating and/or toxic gases.
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May be harmful if swallowed. Ingestion of large amounts may cause CNS depression.
Aspiration may lead to pulmonary edema. May be harmful if inhaled. Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation. May cause burning sensation in the chest.
Contact with skin causes irritation and possible burns, especially if the skin is wet or moist. May cause dermatitis. May cause cyanosis of the extremities.
When substances becomes wet or comes in contact with moisture of the mucous membranes, it becomes an irritant. May cause chemical conjunctivitis and corneal damage.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. If water-reactive products are embedded in the skin, no water should be applied. The embedded products should be covered with a light oil.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.