Odorless white needles or powder. Tasteless.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 23/25 36/37/38
S 26 36/37/39 45
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Drug; Mutagen
Swiss Giftliste 1
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
100 (0.2 torr)
1.81 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use only in a well ventilated area. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Do not get water inside containers.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
alcohols - strong bases - amines - acids - heat - strong oxidizing agents.
Nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, oxides of sulfur, carbon dioxide, nitrogen.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Extinguishing media: Do NOT get water inside containers. For small fires, use dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or water spray. For large fires, use dry chemical, carbon dioxide, alcohol-resistant foam, or water spray. Cool containers with flooding quantities of water until well after fire is out.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Harmful if swallowed. May cause irritation of the digestive tract. May cause acute hepatitis. Substance is a hepatotoxin and is capable of producing a toxic effect on the liver.
Inhalation of dust may cause respiratory tract irritation.
May cause skin irritation. May cause dermatitis.
No information regarding eye irritation and other potential effects was found.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
I; II; III