Clear faint yellow liquid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 20/21/22 36/37/38
S 26 36/37/39
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.08 (25 C)
Vapor density (air=1)
0.9427 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
1.4782 (18 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use only in a well ventilated area. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Do not ingest or inhale. Use only in a chemical fume hood. Do not breathe vapors.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Absorb spill using an absorbent, non-combustible material such as earth, sand, or vermiculite. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents, strong reducing agents, strong acids, strong bases.
Nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, cyanide fumes.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Extinguishing media: Water may be ineffective. Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire. In case of fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or appropriate foam.
Combustible material: may burn but does not ignite readily.
When heated, vapors may form explosive mixtures with air: indoors, outdoors, and sewers explosion hazards.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May cause systemic toxic effects on the heart, liver, and kidneys. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. May cause effects similar to those described for ingestion. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
May cause skin irritation.
May cause eye irritation.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
I; II; III