Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Carcinogenic Category 3; Harmful; Irritant
R 20/21/22 37 40 41 48/20
S 26 36/37/39
Tumorigen; Primary Irritant
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
12 - 13
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.13 (25 C)
Vapor density (air=1)
131.6 ppm (0.01%) at 24 C (calculated)
1.0458 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
0.21 cp (20 C)
1.5125 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of fusion
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from sources of ignition. Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly closed container. Store at around 20 C.
All chemicals should be considered hazardous. Avoid direct physical contact. Use appropriate, approved safety equipment. Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container. Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Wear appropriate safety goggles, protective clothing and gloves.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
ELIMINATE all ignition sources. Do not touch damaged containers or spilled material unless wearing appropriate protective clothing. Stop leak if you can do it without risk. Absorb or cover with dry earth, sand or other non-combustible material and transfer to containers. DO NOT GET WATER INSIDE CONTAINERS.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Keep away from strong oxidizing agents, acids.
Upper exp. limit, %
Lower exp. limit, %
As in any fire, wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. In case of fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or chemical foam.
Will burn if involved in a fire. Vapors may form an explosive mixture with air.
When heated, vapors may form explosive mixtures with air: indoors, outdoors, and sewers explosion hazards.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Harmful if swallowed. May cause irritation of the digestive tract. May cause nausea and vomiting. Chronic exposure may cause liver damage.
Harmful if inhaled. May cause respiratory tract irritation. May cause headache. Chronic exposure may cause ung damage.
Harmful if absorbed through the skin.
Causes eye irritation.
Do NOT induce vomiting. Allow the victim to rinse his mouth and then to drink 2-4 cupfuls of water, and seek medical advice.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower lids. Get medical aid.
I; II; III
2933 79 00