Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
0.7848 g/cm3 (15 C)
Solubility in water
1.20 cp (0 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep in a cool, dry, dark location in a tightly sealed container or cylinder. Keep away from incompatible materials, ignition sources and untrained individuals. Secure and label area. Protect containers/cylinders from physical damage.
All chemicals should be considered hazardous. Avoid direct physical contact. Use appropriate, approved safety equipment. Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container. Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Wear appropriate protective gloves, clothing and goggles.
Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
Make no contact with the spilled material. ELIMINATE all ignition sources and ground all equipment. Stop leak if you can do it without risk. A vapor suppressing foam may be used to reduce vapors. Absorb or cover with dry earth, sand or other non-combustible material and transfer to containers. Use clean non-sparking tools to collect absorbed material.
Use of water spray when fighting fire may be inefficient. Small Fires: Dry chemical, carbon dioxide, water spray or alcohol-resistant foam. Large Fires: Water spray, fog or alcohol-resistant foam. Use water spray or fog; do not use straight streams.
HIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames.
Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
The toxological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation. May cause irritation or burns.
May cause irritation or burns.
Seek medical assistance.
Move victim to fresh air. Apply artificial respiration if victim is not breathing. Administer oxygen if breathing is difficult.
Remove and isolate contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash skin with soap and water. Flush with running water for at least 20 minutes
Flush with running water for at least 20 minutes.