Liquid. Mild ammoniacal odor.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
flammable, harmful, corrosive
R 22 34
S 26 36/37/39 45
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
2.0 (25 C)
0.9136 g/cm3 (25 C)
Solubility in water
1.47 (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from sources of ignition. Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly closed container.
Use spark-proof tools and explosion proof equipment. Do not breathe dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Use only in a chemical fume hood.
Eyes: Wear chemical goggles and a face shield if splashing is possible. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container.
Stable at room temperature in closed containers under normal storage and handling conditions.
Strong oxidizing agents - strong acids - acid chlorides - acid anhydrides.
Nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide.
Upper exp. limit, %
Lower exp. limit, %
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Will burn if involved in a fire. To extinguish fire, use water, dry chemical, chemical foam, or alcohol-resistant foam.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Causes gastrointestinal tract burns.
Causes chemical burns to the respiratory tract. Inhalation may be fatal as a result of spasm, inflammation, edema of the larynx and bronchi, chemical pneumonitis and pulmonary edema.
Causes skin burns.
Causes eye burns.
Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Get medical aid immediately.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
2925 20 00