- 1H-Imidazole, 1,2-dimethyl-
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
R 22 38 41
S 24 26
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Decomposition point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.35 (25 C)
1.084 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
1.4945 (25 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of fusion
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep container closed when not in use. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Corrosives area.
Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Keep container tightly closed. Do not get on skin or in eyes. Do not ingest or inhale. Use with adequate ventilation. Discard contaminated shoes.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, nitrogen.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. To extinguish fire, use water, dry chemical, chemical foam, or alcohol-resistant foam.
Combustible material: may burn but does not ignite readily.
When heated, vapors may form explosive mixtures with air: indoors, outdoors, and sewers explosion hazards.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
May cause severe and permanent damage to the digestive tract. Causes gastrointestinal tract burns.
May cause severe irritation of the respiratory tract with sore throat, coughing, shortness of breath and delayed lung edema. Causes chemical burns to the respiratory tract.
Causes skin burns.
Causes eye burns.
Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration.
Get medical aid immediately. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse. Destroy contaminated shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT allow victim to rub or keep eyes closed. Extensive irrigation is required (at least 30 minutes).
I; II; III
2933 29 90