- Butadiene dioxide
- Butadiene diepoxide
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Carcinogenic Category 2; Mutagenic Category 2; Very toxic; Toxic; Corrosive
R 45 46 24/25 26 34
S 53 45
Tumorigen; Mutagen; Primary Irritant
Swiss Giftliste 1
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
1.113 g/cm3 (16 C)
Solubility in water
1.435 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a tightly closed container. Refrigerator/flammables.
Do not breathe dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Use only in a chemical fume hood.
Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. Remove all sources of ignition. Use a spark-proof tool.
Oxidizing agents, acids, bases.
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. To extinguish fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or chemical foam.
HIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames.
When heated to decomposition it emits acrid smoke and irritating fumes.
Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
OSHA: Possible Select carcinogen
I-2B, N-2, CP65
No data were available to assess the teratogenic potential of this agent. <br>No data were available to assess the potential effects of exposure to this agent during pregnancy or lactation.
May cause irritation of the digestive tract. Poison by ingestion.
Causes respiratory tract irritation. Toxic if inhaled. May cause nausea, dizziness, and headache.
Causes skin irritation. May cause skin sensitization, an allergic reaction, which becomes evident upon re-exposure to this material. Toxic in contact with skin.
Causes eye irritation.
Get medical aid immediately. Wash mouth out with water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
USCG CHRIS Code