- Busan 1210
- Slimicide BBAB
- Fennosan F 50
Dark brown, oily liquid with a strong odor.
A slimicide for paper-mills water systems.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
21 25 34 50
26 28 36/37/39 45
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
9.3E-6 (25 C)
Solubility in water
1.5233 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a dry, cool, well-ventilated area away from incompatible materials.
Gloves: PVC or neoprene coated latex gloves. Eye protection: Chemical safety goggles or face shield with safety glasses. Clothing: Protective PVC clothing and rubber boots
Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
Cover spill with 10% sodium bicarbonate solution. Wait till all material is neutralised (no gas bubbles are being released). Absorb on sand or vermiculite and place in closed container for disposal. Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pickup is complete.
Strong oxidizing agents and strong bases. Avoid contamination by water.
Hydrogen bromide and bromine.
Use extinguishing media appropriate to surrounding fire conditions. DO NOT USE WATER. Fire fighters should wear full protective clothing and self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) in positive pressure mode. In case of small fire use powder fire extinguisher.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
When heated to decomposition, may release poisonous fumes of hydrogen bromide and bromine.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Causes burns. Toxic if swallowed Harmful in contact with skin.
Corrosive by ingestion. Symptoms of overexposure include burning sensation in the mouth and throat, vomiting (occasionally of blood), abdominal pain and diarrhea.
Corrosive to mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract. Symptoms include sore throat, coughing, shortness of breath and nasal irritation.
Corrosive BURNS MAY POSSIBLY APPEAR ONLY SEVERAL HOURS AFTER EXPOSURE! May be absorbed through the skin in sufficient amount to cause systemic toxicity.
If swallowed, wash mouth thoroughly with plenty of water and give water to drink. Get medical attention immediately.
In case of mist inhalation or breathing fumes released from heated material, remove person to fresh air. Keep him quiet and warm. Apply artificial respiration if necessary and get medical attention immediately.
Remove contaminated clothing. Wash skin thoroughly with mild soap and plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Wash clothing before re-use. Discard contaminated shoes. Get medical attention immediately.
Holding the eyelids apart, flush eyes promptly with copious flowing water for at least 20 minutes. Get medical attention immediately.