Clear pale yellow liquid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 22 24 36/38
S 36/37 45
Swiss Giftliste 1
Boiling point, °C
95 - 97 (13 hPa)
Vapor density (air=1)
1.02 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Store protected from light.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Store protected from light.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Avoid runoff into storm sewers and ditches which lead to waterways. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Absorb spill using an absorbent, non-combustible material such as earth, sand, or vermiculite. Provide ventilation.
Stable at room temperature in closed containers under normal storage and handling conditions.
Carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Containers may explode when heated. Extinguishing media: Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire. Do NOT get water inside containers. Cool containers with flooding quantities of water until well after fire is out. In case of fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or appropriate foam.
Combustible material: may burn but does not ignite readily.
When heated, vapors may form explosive mixtures with air: indoors, outdoors, and sewers explosion hazards.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
May cause irritation of the digestive tract. May be harmful if swallowed.
May cause respiratory tract irritation.
May cause skin irritation. Harmful if absorbed through the skin.
May cause eye irritation.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
I; II; III
2905 39 80