Clearm colorless liquid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
dangerous for the environment
S 23 24/25
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
203 - 205
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.4 (25 C)
1.068 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
1.4555 (25 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place. Keep container closed when not in use.
All chemicals should be considered hazardous. Avoid direct physical contact. Use appropriate, approved safety equipment. Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container. Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Wear safety goggles and appropriate protective gloves and clothing.
Wear a NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved full-facepiece airline respirator in the positive pressure mode with emergency escape provisions.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Incompatible with strong oxidizing , reducing agents, many amines, nitrides, azo/diazo compounds, alkali metals, and epoxides.
Hydrogen chloride, carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide.
Upper exp. limit, %
Lower exp. limit, %
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. In case of fire, use water, dry chemical, chemical foam, or alcohol-resistant foam.
Irritating vapors and toxic gases, such as hydrogen chloride and carbon monoxide, may be formed when involved in fire.
Irritating to eyes, respiratory system and skin.
Do NOT induce vomiting. Allow the victim to rinse his mouth and then to drink 2-4 cupfuls of water, and seek medical advice.
Remove to fresh air. If breathing has stopped, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash with soap and water.
Flush with water for at least 15 min., lifting lids occasionally.