Off-white crystals or beige powder.
Manufacture azo and sulfur dyes.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Harmful; Mutagenic Category 3
R 20/22 68
S 28 36/37
Drug; Mutagen; Reproductive Effector; Primary Irritant
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.035 (25 C)
Solubility in water
20 g/L (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Heat of combustion
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place. Keep container closed when not in use.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothing to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents, acids, acid anhydrides, acid chlorides,chloroformates.
Nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, nitrogen.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. To extinguish fire, use water, dry chemical, chemical foam, or alcohol-resistant foam.
Combustible material: may burn but does not ignite readily.
Containers may explode when heated.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Prolonged or repeated inhalation of dusts may cause neurological damage. May cause liver and kidney damage. May cause reproductive and fetal effects.
Causes gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Exposure may cause anemia and other blood abnormalities. May be harmful if swallowed.
Inhalation of high concentrations may cause central nervous system effects characterized by headache, dizziness, unconsciousness and coma. Causes respiratory tract irritation.
Causes skin irritation. May cause dermatitis.
Causes eye irritation.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Get medical aid immediately.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
2922 29 00