- Crotyl alcohol
Light yellow liquid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 10 20/21/22 36/37/38
S 26 36/37/39
Swiss Giftliste 1
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.8726 g/cm3 (0 C)
Solubility in water
1.419 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from sources of ignition. Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly closed container. Flammables-area.
Use spark-proof tools and explosion proof equipment. Avoid breathing dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. Remove all sources of ignition. Use a spark-proof tool.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents - strong reducing agents - strong acids - acid chlorides - acid anhydrides - phosphorus halides.
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Will burn if involved in a fire. Containers may explode in the heat of a fire. Extinguishing media: Use water spray to cool fire-exposed containers. In case of fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or chemical foam.
Vapors can travel to a source of ignition and flash back. Containers may explode in the heat of a fire. Use water spray to cool fire-exposed containers.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Harmful if swallowed. May cause headache. May cause nausea and vomiting.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
Harmful if absorbed through the skin.
May cause eye irritation.
Induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Get medical aid.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.