Colorless, liquid, very faint amine odor.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
26 36/37/39 45
Swiss Giftliste 1
Boiling point, °C
198 - 200
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.09 (25 C)
0.8905 g/mL (25 C)
Solubility in water
Miscible (20 C)
1.4437 (25 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep tightly closed.
Wear self-contained breathing apparatus, rubber boots, and heavy rubber gloves. Do not breathe vapor. Do not get in eyes, on skin, on clothing. Avoid prolonged or repeated exposure.
Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA). Government approved respirator.
ELIMINATE all ignition sources. Do not touch damaged containers or spilled material unless wearing appropriate protective clothing. Stop leak if you can do it without risk. Absorb or cover with dry earth, sand or other non-combustible material and transfer to containers. DO NOT GET WATER INSIDE CONTAINERS.
Stable under normal storage temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents, Strong acids.
Carbon monoxide, Carbon dioxide, Nitrogen oxides.
Upper exp. limit, %
Lower exp. limit, %
Small Fires: Dry chemical, CO2 or water spray. Large Fires: Dry chemical, CO2, alcohol-resistant foam or water spray. Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes.
When heated, vapors may form explosive mixtures with air: indoors, outdoors, and sewers explosion hazards.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Material is extremely destructive to tissue of the mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract, eyes, and skin. Inhalation may result in spasm, inflammation and edema of the larynxand bronchi, chemical pneumonitis, and pulmonary edema Symptoms of exposure may include burning sensation, coughing wheezing, laryngitis, shortness of breath, headache, nausea, and vomiting.
Harmful if swallowed.
Material is extremely destructive to the tissue of the mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract. May be harmful if inhaled.
Causes burns. May be harmful if absorbed through the skin.
Causes burns. Can cause blindness.
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water provided person is conscious. Call a physician. Do not induce vomiting.
Move victim to fresh air. Apply artificial respiration if victim is not breathing. Do not use mouth-to-mouth method if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; induce artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device. Administer oxygen if breathing is difficult.
Remove and isolate contaminated clothing and shoes. Immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes. For minor skin contact, avoid spreading material on unaffected skin.
Immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes.
2922 19 80