- Chloroethanal diethyl acetal
- Chloroacetaldehyde diethyl acetal
- 2-Chloroacetaldehyde diethyl acetal
- Acetaldehyde, chloro-, diethyl acetal
Clear, colorless liquid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 10 22
S 16 23 36/37
Swiss Giftliste 1
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
3.6 (25 C)
Vapor density (air=1)
1.0418 g/cm3 (0 C)
Solubility in water
1.4170 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Heat of combustion
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Keep away from sources of ignition. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Flammables-area. Do not expose to air. Store protected from moisture. Store under an inert atmosphere.
Ground and bond containers when transferring material. Use spark-proof tools and explosion proof equipment. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Empty containers retain product residue, (liquid and/or vapor), and can be dangerous. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid contact with heat, sparks and flame. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Use with adequate ventilation. Handle under an inert atmosphere. Store protected from air. Do not allow contact with water. Wash clothing before reuse. Do not pressurize, cut, weld, braze, solder, drill, grind, or expose empty containers to heat, sparks or open flames. Keep from contact with moist air and steam.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Remove all sources of ignition. Use a spark-proof tool. Provide ventilation. Place under an inert atmosphere. Do not get water inside containers. A vapor suppressing foam may be used to reduce vapors.
Stable at room temperature in closed containers under normal storage and handling conditions.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Hydrogen chloride, carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Will burn if involved in a fire. Use water spray to keep fire-exposed containers cool. Containers may explode in the heat of a fire. Extinguishing media: For small fires, use dry chemical, carbon dioxide, water spray or alcohol-resistant foam. For large fires, use water spray, fog, or alcohol-resistant foam. Do NOT use water directly on fire. Use water spray to cool fire-exposed containers. Use foam, dry chemical, or carbon dioxide. Water may be ineffective. Do NOT get water inside containers. Do NOT use straight streams of water.
HIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames.
Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Causes gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
Causes respiratory tract irritation. Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation.
Causes skin irritation.
Causes eye irritation.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
I; II; III
2911 00 00