Registry Numbers and Inventories.
26 28 45
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
228 - 230
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.07 (25 C)
Solubility in water
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep tightly closed. Store in a cool dry place.
Wear self-contained breathing apparatus, rubber boots, and heavy rubber gloves.
Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
Sweep up, place in a bag and hold for waste disposal. Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pickup is complete.
Acids, Acid chlorides, Acid anhydrides, Chloroformates, Strong oxidizing agents.
Carbon monoxide, Carbon dioxide, Nitrogen oxides, Hydrogen chloride gas.
Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes. Extinguish using water spray. carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder, or appropriate foam.
Combustible material: may burn but does not ignite readily.
When heated, vapors may form explosive mixtures with air: indoors, outdoors, and sewers explosion hazards.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Absorption into the body leads to the formation of methemoglobin which in sufficient concentration causes cyanosis. Onset may be delayed 2 to 4 hours or longer.
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water provided person is conscious. Call a physician.
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Contact with molten substance may cause severe burns to skin and eyes. See Inhalation.
Assure adequate flushing of the eyes by separating the eyelids with fingers.
Seek medical assistance.
Move victim to fresh air. Apply artificial respiration if victim is not breathing. Do not use mouth-to-mouth method if victim ingested or inhaled the substance; induce artificial respiration with the aid of a pocket mask equipped with a one-way valve or other proper respiratory medical device. Administer oxygen if breathing is difficult.
Remove and isolate contaminated clothing and shoes. Immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes. For minor skin contact, avoid spreading material on unaffected skin.
Immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes.