- Bis(methyl)-2-chloroethylamine hydrochloride
- Dimethyl(2-chloroethyl)amine hydrochloride
- Dimethyl-beta-chloroethylamine hydrochloride
Off white crystalline powder.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 22 23/24 36/37/38 43
S 22 26 36/37/39 45
Tumorigen; Mutagen; Primary Irritant
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Vapor density (air=1)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep container closed when not in use. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Store protected from moisture.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Do not allow contact with water. Keep from contact with moist air and steam.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation. Do not get water inside containers.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Hydrogen chloride, nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide, nitrogen.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Extinguishing media: Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire. Do NOT get water inside containers. In case of fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or appropriate foam.
Prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause dermatitis.
Harmful if swallowed. May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
May cause respiratory tract irritation.
May cause skin irritation. Harmful if absorbed through the skin. Prolonged and/or repeated contact may cause irritation and/or dermatitis.
May cause eye irritation.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
2921 19 80