Clear light yellow to yellow liquid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 22 23/24 36
S 26 28 36/37/39 45
Mutagen; Primary Irritant
Swiss Giftliste 1
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
2 (25 C)
Vapor density (air=1)
0.9868 g/cm3 (18 C)
Solubility in water
1.4796 (18 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from sources of ignition. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Flammables-area. Refrigerator (approx 4 C).
Ground and bond containers when transferring material. Use spark-proof tools and explosion proof equipment. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Empty containers retain product residue, (liquid and/or vapor), and can be dangerous. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid contact with heat, sparks and flame. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Use with adequate ventilation. Wash clothing before reuse. Do not pressurize, cut, weld, braze, solder, drill, grind, or expose empty containers to heat, sparks or open flames.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. Avoid runoff into storm sewers and ditches which lead to waterways. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Remove all sources of ignition. Use a spark-proof tool. Provide ventilation. A vapor suppressing foam may be used to reduce vapors.
Stable at room temperature in closed containers under normal storage and handling conditions.
Strong oxidizing agents, strong reducing agents, bases.
Carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Will burn if involved in a fire. Use water spray to keep fire-exposed containers cool. Containers may explode in the heat of a fire. Combustible Liquid. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may cause pollution. Extinguishing media: For small fires, use dry chemical, carbon dioxide, water spray or alcohol-resistant foam. For large fires, use water spray, fog, or alcohol-resistant foam. Use water spray to cool fire-exposed containers. Water may be ineffective. Do NOT use straight streams of water.
Combustible material: may burn but does not ignite readily.
When heated, vapors may form explosive mixtures with air: indoors, outdoors, and sewers explosion hazards.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Effects may be delayed.
Harmful if swallowed. May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May cause cardiac disturbances. May cause central nervous system depression. Ingestion of large amounts may cause CNS depression.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. Aspiration may lead to pulmonary edema. Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation. May cause cardiac abnormalities. Inhalation at high concentrations may cause CNS depression and asphixiation. May cause burning sensation in the chest.
Causes skin irritation. May be fatal if absorbed through the skin. May cause cyanosis of the extremities.
Causes eye irritation. May cause chemical conjunctivitis and corneal damage.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration. If breathing has ceased apply artificial respiration using oxygen and a suitable mechanical device such as a bag and a mask.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
I; II; III