Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 22 36/37/38
S 26 36/37/39
Melting point, °C
118 - 118.5
Vapor density (air=1)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Hazards and Protection.
Keep container closed when not in use. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Keep containers tightly closed.
Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Wash clothing before reuse.
Chemical splash goggles in compliance with OSHA regulations are advised; however, OSHA regulations also permit other type safety glasses. Whre chemical resistant gloves. To prevent repeated or prolonged skin contact, wear impervious clothing and boots.
A NIOSH/MSHA approved or European Standard EN 149 air purifying respirator with an organic vapor cartridge or canister may be permissible under certain circumstances where airborne concentrations are expected.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable at room temperature in closed containers under normal storage and handling conditions.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide, nitric oxide (NOx) and ammonia (NH3) fumes, nitrogen, fluoride fumes, fluorine.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated. Causes gastrointestinal tract irritation.
Causes respiratory tract irritation. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
Causes skin irritation.
Causes eye irritation.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT induce vomiting. Allow the victim to rinse his mouth and then to drink 2-4 cupfuls of water, and seek medical advice.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
If symptoms develop, immediately move individual away from exposure and into fresh air. Flush eyes gently with water for at least 15 minutes while holding eyelids apart; seek immediate medical attention.