- Benzene-1,2,3,4-d4-, 5,6-di(methyl-d3)-
Clear, colorless - colorless liquid. Sweetish - aromatic odor.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
flammable, harmful, irritant
R 10 20/21 38
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
50 (20 C)
Vapor density (air=1)
Solubility in water
0.18 g/L (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Keep away from sources of ignition. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Flammables-area. Keep containers tightly closed.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use only in a well ventilated area. Ground and bond containers when transferring material. Use spark-proof tools and explosion proof equipment. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Empty containers retain product residue, (liquid and/or vapor), and can be dangerous. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid contact with heat, sparks and flame. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Use only in a chemical fume hood. Do not pressurize, cut, weld, braze, solder, drill, grind, or expose empty containers to heat, sparks or open flames. Do not breathe vapors.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Avoid runoff into storm sewers and ditches which lead to waterways. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Wear a self contained breathing apparatus and appropriate Personal protection. (See Exposure Controls, Personal Protection section). Scoop up with a nonsparking tool, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Cover with an activated carbon adsorbent and place into a closed container for disposal. Remove all sources of ignition. Absorb spill using an absorbent, non-combustible material such as earth, sand, or vermiculite. Use a spark-proof tool. Provide ventilation. A vapor suppressing foam may be used to reduce vapors.
Stable at room temperature in closed containers under normal storage and handling conditions.
Strong acids, strong oxidizers. 1,3-Dichloro-5,5-dimethyl-2,4-imidazolidindione.
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, hydrocarbons.
Upper exp. limit, %
Lower exp. limit, %
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Extinguishing media dry chemical, carbon dioxide, water spray or alcohol-resistant foam. For large fires - use water spray, fog, or alcohol-resistant foam.
HIGHLY FLAMMABLE: May polymerize explosively when involved in a fire. May be ignited by heat, sparks, and flame.
Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers.
Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Chronic exposure to organic solvents has been associated with various neurotoxic effects including permanent brain and nervous system damage. Prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause defatting and dermatitis. May cause reproductive and fetal effects. Chronic exposure may cause blood effects. Prolonged or repeated exposure may cause liver or kidney damage.
May cause central nervous system depression, kidney damage, and liver damage. Symptoms may include: headache, excitement, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, stupor, and coma. May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Harmful or fatal if swallowed
Inhalation of high concentrations may cause central nervous system effects characterized by headache, dizziness, unconsciousness and coma. Prolonged exposure may result in dizziness and general weakness. Irritation may lead to chemical pneumonitis and pulmonary edema. May cause liver and kidney damage. May be harmful if inhaled. Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation. Causes irritation of the mucous membrane and upper respiratory tract. May cause burning sensation in the chest. May cause chest pain and lung irritation.
Exposure may cause irritation characterized by redness, dryness, and inflammation. Prolonged and/or repeated contact may cause defatting of the skin and dermatitis. May be harmful if absorbed through the skin. Substance is readily absorbed through the skin. May cause irritation and dermatitis. May cause cyanosis of the extremities.
Contact with eyes may cause severe irritation, and possible eye burns. May cause chemical conjunctivitis and corneal damage.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration.
Get medical aid. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse. Destroy contaminated shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT allow victim to rub or keep eyes closed.
2845 90 10