- AW 15 (Polysaccharide)
White, free flowing powder.
Cryoprotective agent for erythrocytes.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Reproductive Effector; Human Data
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Vapor density (air=1)
0.60 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Keep tightly closed in a cool place in a tightly closed container.
Containers of this material may be hazardous when emptied. Since emptied containers retain product residues (vapor, liquid, and/or solid), all hazard precautions given in the data sheet must be observed.
Chemical splash goggles in compliance with OSHA regulations are advised; however, OSHA regulations also permit other type safety glasses. Whre chemical resistant gloves. To prevent repeated or prolonged skin contact, wear impervious clothing and boots.
If overexposure has been determined or documented, a NIOSH/MSHA approved dust/mist and fume respirator is advised in the absence of proper environmental control.
Small Spill - Sweep up material for disposal or recovery. Large Spill - Shovel material into containers. Thoroughly sweep area of spill to clean up any residual material.
Carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide, various hydrocarbons.
Extinguish using media most appropriate for surrounding fire. Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus with a full facepiece operated in the positive pressure demand mode with appropriate turn-out gear and chemical resistant personal protective equipment.
Symptoms of exposure to this material through breathing, swallowing, and/or passage of the material through the skin may include: irritation (nose, throat, airways).
Swallowing this material is not likely to be harmful.
This material is a dust or may produce dust.
Unlikely to cause skin irritation or injury
Unlikely to cause eye irritation or injury.
Even though a substance may be considered non-toxic for the amount ingested or packaged, it should not be considered as non-toxic in any amounts. Even ingestions of various foodstuffs can cause adverse symptoms if large amounts are eaten (green apples, garlic, onion). The most important fact to remember is to treat the patient not the poison, especially when the diagnosis is unknown. Knowing that the product is listed as non-toxic helps avoid overtreating the patient or being over zealous in getting a patient to professional medical care. If there is a question of simultaneous ingestion of a product which may be more dangerous, the management on the more toxic agent should be consulted.
Although inhalation of common dust may not be considered toxic, it is certainly a hazard if there is inhalation of too many particles. Individuals should be removed from exposure to too high a concentration of even relatively non-toxic substances.
Foreign materials spilled on the skin may not represent a toxic or irritation hazard in small quantities, but may produce adverse effects if applied in large quantities or if used over a significant period of time. Whenever possible, foreign materials should be removed from the skin with simple washing. Should skin irritation or erythema occur, a patient may wish to seek medical assistance.
Foreign materials in the eye may not cause a toxic reaction, but injury from a foreign body may occur. In such cases, the patient should be observed for eye irritation and should seek medical assistance if the irritation becomes significant.
3912 39 80