Solid material that can catch fire spontaneously if it is exposed to air or moisture. ventilation or enclosure is not used, respirators should be
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.06 (25 C)
Solubility in water
3.5 kg/L (20 C)
Heat of vaporization
Heat of combustion
Hazards and Protection.
Keep tightly closed. Store in a cool dry place.
Wear respirator, chemical safety goggles, rubber boots, and heavy rubber gloves.
Government approved respirator.
Sweep up, place in a bag and hold for waste disposal. Avoid raising dust. Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pickup is complete.
Strong oxidizing agents, Strong bases.
Carbon monoxide, Carbon dioxide. Nitrogen oxides.
ear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes. Extinguish using Water spray. Carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder, or appropriate foam.
Flammable solid and a dangerous fire hazard.
May ignite on contact with moist air or moisture. May burn rapidly with flare-burning effect. May react vigorously or explosively on contact with water. May decompose explosively when heated or involved in a fire. May re-ignite after fire is extinguished.
Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions.
The chemical, physical, and toxicological properties of this substance have not been thoroughly investigated.
Irritation or burns of the esophagus or gastrointestinal tract are possible if ingested.
Causes irritation. May be delayed in onset for up to 24 to 72 hours in some cases.
Consider gastric lavage after ingestion of a potentially life-threatening amount of poison if it can be performed soon after ingestion (generally within 1 hour). Protect airway by placement in Trendelenburg and left lateral decubitus position or by endotracheal intubation. Control any seizures first. Actgivated charcoal and/or dilution with milk/water should also be considered.
Move patient to fresh air. Monitor for respiratory distress. If cough or difficulty breathing develops, evaluate for respiratory tract irritation bronchitis, or pneumonitis. Administer oxygen and assist ventilation as required. Treat bronchospasm with inhaled beta2 agonist and oral or parenteral corticosteroids.
Remove contaminated clothing and wash exposed area thoroughly with soap and water. A physician may need to examine the area if irritation or pain persists.
Irrigate exposed eyes with copious amounts of room temperature water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation, pain, swelling, lacrimation, or photophobia persist, the patient should be seen in a health care facility.