Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Highly flammable; Harmful; Irritant; Vapours may cause drowsiness and dizziness; Dangerous for the Environment
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
33 (25 C)
0.8242 g/cm3 (20C)
Solubility in water
0.634 (20 C)
1.4695 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of fusion
Heat of vaporization
Heat of combustion
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from water. Flammables-area.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Wear appropriate protective gloves, clothing and goggles.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up or absorb material, then place into a suitable clean, dry, closed container for disposal.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Irritating and toxic fumes and gases.
Upper exp. limit, %
Lower exp. limit, %
Use of water spray when fighting fire may be inefficient. Small Fires: Dry chemical, carbon dioxide, water spray or alcohol-resistant foam. Large Fires: Water spray, fog or alcohol-resistant foam. Use water spray or fog; do not use straight streams.
HIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames.
Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
The toxological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation. May cause irritation or burns.
May cause irritation or burns.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Get medical aid immediately.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes.
Flush with running water for at least 20 minutes.