- o-Homosalicylic acid
- Cresotinic acid
- 3-Methylsalicylic acid
- 2-Hydroxy-3-methylbenzoic acid
- Benzoic acid, 2-hydroxy-3-methyl-
odorless white - pale pink powder powder
Substance is used in production of dyes.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 22 37/38 41
S 26 36/37/39
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
163 - 165
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.0008 (25 C)
Solubility in water
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Heat of combustion
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use only in a well ventilated area. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation. Cover with dry earth, dry sand, or other non-combustible material followed with plastic sheet to minimize spreading and contact with water.
Volatile in steam.
Acid chlorides, acid anhydrides, strong bases, strong oxidizing agents.
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Extinguishing media: Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire. In case of fire, use carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder or appropriate foam.
Harmful if swallowed.
May cause respiratory tract irritation.
May cause skin irritation.
May cause eye irritation.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration. If breathing has ceased apply artificial respiration using oxygen and a suitable mechanical device such as a bag and a mask.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
2918 29 90