- 4-Hydroxy-m-phenylenediammonium dichloride
C6H8N2O . 2HCl
As photographic developer, in fur & hair dyeing, in test for formaldehyde & ammonia.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 22 36/37/38 42/43
S 22 26 36/37/39 45
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Use with adequate ventilation. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Do not ingest or inhale.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Sweep up or absorb material, then place into a suitable clean, dry, closed container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions.
Stable under normal shipping and handling conditions.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Hydrogen chloride, nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Extinguishing media: Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
This material is probably combustible.
Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Abnormally low blood pressure and labored respirations may occur. CNS depression and peripheral neuropathy have been reported after ingestion.
Harmful if swallowed. May cause irritation of the digestive tract. Systemic effects from ingestion may include: rise in blood pressure, vertigo, tremors, convulsions, and coma.
May cause allergic respiratory reaction. May cause respiratory tract irritation. May cause effects similar to those described for ingestion.
Causes skin irritation. May cause skin sensitization, an allergic reaction, which becomes evident upon re-exposure to this material. If absorbed, may cause symptoms similar to those for ingestion. May cause severe dermatitis and urticaria(hives).
Causes eye irritation. May cause conjunctivitis, lacrimation, abnormnal protrusion of the eyeball, eye inflammation and even possible blindness.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Get medical aid if irritation develops or persists.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
I; II; III
2922 29 00