- Surfynol 104
- Surfynol 104a
- Surfynol 104e
- Syrfynol 104
Clear, light yellow liquid.
Wetting & foam suppression, rinsing aids, viscosity redn, detergent formulations, penetrating agents surfynol.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 36 52/53
S 26 39 61
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
64 - 67
Boiling point, °C
106 - 108 (1 torr)
0.915 g/cm3 (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep in a cool, dry location in a tightly sealed container.
Good personal hygiene should always be followed.
Chemical splash goggles in compliance with OSHA regulations are advised; however, OSHA regulations also permit other type safety glasses. Whre chemical resistant gloves. To prevent repeated or prolonged skin contact, wear impervious clothing and boots.
Air purifying, half-mask respirator including a disposable respirator, equipped with any P- or R-series particulate filter.
Contain the spill, collect on absorbent material and discard as dictated by Federal, state and local regulations that may apply. Flush area thoroughly with water.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Smoke, fumes, oxides of carbon.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea are common. Oral, pharyngeal and esophageal burns may occur following ingestion of low phosphate detergents which are generally more alkaline. Colitis, esophageal stricture, and irritation of mucous membranes have also been reported.
Occupational asthma has been reported. Aspiration may result in upper airway edema and significant respiratory distress. Difficulty in breathing has been described in animals inhaling high concentrations of anionic surfactants.
Skin irritation has been reported after prolonged occupational dermal contact. Skin dryness, irritation, and contact dermatitis have been reported following varying degrees of exposure to detergents.
Immediately dilute with 4 to 8 ounces (120 to 240 ml) of milk or water (not to exceed 4 ounces/120 ml in a child). Spontaneous vomiting frequently occurs following ingestion. If spontaneous vomiting does not occur then significant ingestion is unlikely. Administration of activated charcoal is unnecessary. Observe patients with ingestion carefully for the possible development of esophageal or gastrointestinal tract irritation or burns. If signs or symptoms of esophageal irritation or burns are present, consider endoscopy to determine the extent of injury. Patient should be evaluated for burns to the mouth and esophagus following ingestion of low phosphate detergents which are generally more alkaline.
Move patient to fresh air. Monitor for respiratory distress. If cough or difficulty breathing develops, evaluate for respiratory tract irritation, bronchitis, or pneumonitis. Administer oxygen and assist ventilation as required. Treat bronchospasm with beta2 agonist and corticosteroid aerosols.
Remove contaminated clothing, wash exposed area with copious amounts of water. A physician should examine the area if irritation or pain persists.
Irrigate exposed eyes with copious amounts of tepid water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation, pain, swelling, lacrimation, or photophobia persist, the patient should be seen in a health care facility.