- 2,5-Dichlorbenzene amine
Brown crystalline solid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
toxic, dangerous for the environment
R 23/24/25 33 50/53
S 28 36/37 45 60 61
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
46 - 50
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
Vapor density (air=1)
1.54 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
Partition coefficient, pKow
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from sources of ignition. Store in a cool place in the original container and protect from sunlight. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a dry area.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Do not breathe dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Take precautionary measures against static discharges. Use only in a chemical fume hood.
Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Oxidizing agents, acids, acid chlorides, acid anhydrides.
Hydrogen chloride, nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Containers may explode in the heat of a fire. Vapors or dust may form explosive mixture with air. To extinguish fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or chemical foam.
This chemical is combustible.
When heated, vapors may form explosive mixtures with air: indoors, outdoors, and sewers explosion hazards.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
May cause liver and kidney damage. Absorption into the body leads to the formation of methemoglobin which in sufficient concentrations causes cyanosis.
May cause irritation of the digestive tract. Poison by ingestion. May cause nausea and vomiting.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. Toxic if inhaled. May cause nausea, dizziness, and headache.
May cause skin irritation. May cause skin sensitization, an allergic reaction, which becomes evident upon re-exposure to this material. Absorption into the body may cause cyanosis. Causes redness and pain. Toxic in contact with skin.
May cause eye irritation. Eye damage may be delayed. Causes redness and pain.
Get medical aid immediately. Wash mouth out with water.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
2921 42 10