- Acetic-d3- acid, anhydride
Clear, colorless liquid. Pungent, acetic odor.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Keep away from sources of ignition. Do not store in direct sunlight. Store in a tightly closed container. Keep from contact with oxidizing materials. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Keep away from water. Store protected from moisture.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Wash hands before eating. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use only in a well ventilated area. Do not allow water to get into the container because of violent reaction. Ground and bond containers when transferring material. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Empty containers retain product residue, (liquid and/or vapor), and can be dangerous. Avoid contact with heat, sparks and flame. Do not ingest or inhale. Do not pressurize, cut, weld, braze, solder, drill, grind, or expose empty containers to heat, sparks or open flames.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Use water spray to dilute spill to a non-flammable mixture. Avoid runoff into storm sewers and ditches which lead to waterways. Use water spray to disperse the gas/vapor. Remove all sources of ignition. Spill may be neutralized with lime. Cover with material such as dry soda ash or calcium carbonate and place into a closed container for disposal. Do not get water inside containers.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Acetic acid + water, ammonium nitrate + hexamethylenetetraminium acetate + nitric acid, barium peroxide, boric acid, bromohydroxybiphenyl + pyridine + water, N-tert-butylphthalamic acid + tetrafluoroboric acid, chromic acid, chromium trioxide, 1,3-diphenyltriazine, ethanol + sodium hydrogen sulfate, glycerol + phosphoryl chloride, hydrochloric acid + water, hydrogen peroxide, hypochlorous acid, metal nitrates, nitric acid, perchloric acid + water, peroxyacetic acid, polyphosphoric acid + water, potassium permanganate, sodium percarbonate, tetrafluoroboric acid, 4-toluenesulfonic acid + water, water,
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Use water spray to keep fire-exposed containers cool. To extinguish fire, use water, dry chemical, chemical foam, or alcohol-resistant foam. Use water spray to cool fire-exposed containers.
May burn but not ignite readily. May ignite combustibles (wood, paper, oil, clothing, etc.).
Substance will react with water (some violently), releasing corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases. Reaction with water may generate much heat which will increase the concentration of fumes in the air.
Causes gastrointestinal tract burns.
Causes chemical burns to the respiratory tract. May be harmful if inhaled.
May cause skin sensitization, an allergic reaction, which becomes evident upon re-exposure to this material. Contact with liquid is corrosive and causes severe burns and ulceration.
Causes severe eye burns. May cause conjunctivitis. Vapors cause eye irritation. Lachrymator. May cause corneal opacity as in addition to corneal scarring and necrosis.
Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT allow victim to rub or keep eyes closed.