- 4-Hydroxy-3-nitrophenylarsonic acid
- 4-Hydroxy-3-nitrobenzenearsonic acid
- NSC 2101
Pale yellow crystals or light tan powder.
Antiprotozoan agent (growth promoter) for poultry, antibacterial agent (growth promoter) for poultry, reagent for zirconium.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 23/25 50/53
S 20/21 28 45 60 61
Agricultural Chemical and Pesticide; Tumorigen; Mutagen
Melting point, °C
2.0314 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly closed container.
Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Do not breathe dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Use only in a chemical fume hood.
Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Avoid generating dusty conditions.
Stable under normal shipping and handling conditions.
Strong oxidizing agents, strong acids, strong bases.
Nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, oxides of arsenic.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. This material in sufficient quantity and reduced particle size is capable of creating a dust explosion. Extinguishing media: Use water spray to cool fire-exposed containers. In case of fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or chemical foam.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause irritation. May cause liver and kidney damage. May cause digestive tract disturbances.
Poison by ingestion. Causes gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated. Toxic if inhaled.
May cause skin irritation.
May cause eye irritation.
Induce vomiting. Get medical aid immediately. Wash mouth out with water.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
I; II; III