Clear colorless liquid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Drug; Reproductive Effector; Primary Irritant
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.0002 (25 C)
Vapor density (air=1)
1.02 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
2.85 cp (30 C)
47.7 g/s2 (30 C)
1.462 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep container closed when not in use. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Store protected from moisture.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Provide ventilation. Do not get water inside containers.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Bases, acids (mineral, non-oxidizing, e.g. hydrochloric acid, hydrofluoric acid, muriatic acid, phosphoric acid).
Nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide, cyanide fumes, ammonia.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Use water spray to keep fire-exposed containers cool. Containers may explode in the heat of a fire. Extinguishing media: Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire. Do NOT get water inside containers. Cool containers with flooding quantities of water until well after fire is out. In case of fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or appropriate foam.
This chemical is combustible.
Repeated exposure may cause central nervous system damage.
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May cause central nervous system effects and/or neurological effects. May cause visual changes with blurred vision. Opacities may form in the cornea.
May cause respiratory tract irritation.
May cause skin irritation.
Causes eye irritation.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.