- 7-Oxabicyclo(4.1.0)heptane-3-carboxylic acid, 7-oxabicyclo(4.1.0)hept-3-ylmethyl ester
- ERL 4221
Stabilizer for organophosphorus insecticides, reactive diluent for epoxy resins.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
2E-5 (25 C)
1.17 g/ml (25 C)
Solubility in water
1.498 (20 C)
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep tightly closed.
Wear appropriate government approved respirator, chemical-resistant gloves, safety goggles, other protective clothing.
Cover with dry lime or soda ash, pick up, keep in a closed container, and hold for waste disposal. Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pickup is complete.
Stable at normal temperatures and pressures.
Amines, Acids, Bases, Oxidizing agents.
Carbon monoxide, Carbon dioxide, Phenolics.
Extinguish using Water spray. Carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder, or appropriate foam. Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes.
Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions. Specific Method(s) of Fire Fighting: Do not direct a solid stream of water at burning material as spattering may result.
No specific evaluation of this chemical was found. However many chemicals cause irritation of the eyes, skin, and respiratory tract. In severe cases respiratory tract irritation can progress to ARDS/acute lung injury which may be delayed in onset for up to 24 to 72 hours in some cases. Irritation or burns of the esophagus or gastrointestinal tract are also possible if caustic or irritant chemicals are ingested.
May be harmful if swallowed.
May be harmful if inhaled. Material may be irritating to mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract.
May cause skin irritation. May be harmful if absorbed through the skin.
May cause eye irritation.
Consider gastric lavage after ingestion of a potentially life-threatening amount of poison if it can be performed soon after ingestion (generally within 1 hour). Administer charcoal as a slurry 240 mL water/30 g charcoal). Usual dose: 25 to 100 g in adults/adolescents, 25 to 50 g in children (1 to 12 years), and 1 g/kg in infants less than 1 year old. Immediate dilution with milk or water may be of benefit in caustic or irritant chemical ingestions.
Move patient to fresh air. Monitor for respiratory distress. If cough or difficulty breathing develops, evaluate for respiratory tract irritation bronchitis, or pneumonitis. Administer oxygen and assist ventilation as required. Treat bronchospasm with inhaled beta2 agonist and oral or parenteral corticosteroids.
Remove contaminated clothing and wash exposed area thoroughly with soap and water. A physician may need to examine the area if irritation or pain persists.
Irrigate exposed eyes with copious amounts of room temperature water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation, pain, swelling, lacrimation, or photophobia persist, the patient should be seen in a health care facility.