Odorless white powder
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
S 26 36
Melting point, °C
97 - 99
Boiling point, °C
Partition coefficient, pKow
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from heat and flame. Keep from contact with oxidizing materials. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Keep containers tightly closed.
Wash hands before eating. Use only in a well ventilated area. Avoid breathing dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Wash clothing before reuse.
Chemical splash goggles in compliance with OSHA regulations are advised; however, OSHA regulations also permit other type safety glasses. Whre chemical resistant gloves. To prevent repeated or prolonged skin contact, wear impervious clothing and boots.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use. Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable at room temperature in closed containers under normal storage and handling conditions.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide, hydrogen fluoride, fluoride fumes.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated. Causes gastrointestinal tract irritation.
Causes respiratory tract irritation. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
Causes skin irritation. The toxicological properties of this material have not been fully investigated.
Causes eye irritation.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. If conscious drink water, then induce vomiting. If unconscious, immediately take victim to a physician and do NOT attempt to induce vomiting.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid if cough or other symptoms appear.
Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Get medical aid if irritation develops or persists. Wash clothing before reuse.
If symptoms develop, immediately move individual away from exposure and into fresh air. Flush eyes gently with water for at least 15 minutes while holding eyelids apart; seek immediate medical attention.