- 1-Hydroxy-3, 5-dichlorobenzene
Prisms (from petroleum ether) or pink crystals.
Research chemical. Reference substance.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 21 36/37/38
S 24 26 36/37/39
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
0.04 (25 C)
Vapor density (air=1)
Solubility in water
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Heat of combustion
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly closed container.
Avoid breathing dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container.
Oxidizing agents, acid chlorides, acid anhydrides.
Hydrogen chloride, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. To extinguish fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or chemical foam.
This material is probably combustible.
When heated, vapors may form explosive mixtures with air: indoors, outdoors, and sewers explosion hazards.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Abnormally low blood pressure, reduced body temperature, rapid breathing, and rapid heart rate may develop with severe toxicity. Initial CNS excitation, including seizures, is commonly followed by CNS depression ranging from lethargy to coma and death. Fetotoxicity and skeletal abnormalities have been reported in animal experiments.
May cause irritation of the digestive tract. May be harmful if swallowed.
Causes respiratory tract irritation. May be harmful if inhaled.
Causes skin irritation. May be harmful if absorbed through the skin.
Causes eye irritation.
Get medical aid. Wash mouth out with water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.