- Endomethylenetetrahydrophthalic anhydride
- 5-Norbornene-2,3-dicarboxylic anhydride
- 2-Norbornene-5,6-dicarboxylic anhydride
- Bicyclo(2.2.1)-hept-5-ene-2,3-dicarboxylic anhydride
- 3,6-Methano-4-cyclohexene-1,2-dicarboxylic acid anhydride
- 4,7-Methanoisobenzofuran-1,3-dione, 3a,4,7,7a-tetrahydro-
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
155 - 160
Vapor density (air=1)
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Store protected from moisture.
Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Use with adequate ventilation. Do not allow contact with water. Keep from contact with moist air and steam.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Provide ventilation. Do not get water inside containers.
Stable at room temperature in closed containers under normal storage and handling conditions. Reacts with water to form corresponding acid.
Moisture, water, strong oxidizing agents.
Carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Extinguishing media: Do NOT use water directly on fire. Do NOT get water inside containers. In case of fire, use carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder or appropriate foam.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Effects may be delayed.
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
May cause severe irritation of the respiratory tract with sore throat, coughing, shortness of breath and delayed lung edema. Causes chemical burns to the respiratory tract. Can produce delayed pulmonary edema.
May cause severe irritation and possible burns.
Contact with eyes may cause severe irritation, and possible eye burns. May cause chemical conjunctivitis.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid.
I; II; III