- p-Biphenylcarbonyl chloride
- 4-Phenylbenzoyl chloride
- p-Phenylbenzoyl chloride
- 4-Biphenylylformyl chloride
- [1,1'-Biphenyl]-4-carbonyl chloride
- Diphenyl-4-carboxylic acid chloride
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
S 26 36/37/39 45
Melting point, °C
110 - 112
Boiling point, °C
195 - 200 (5 torr)
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly closed container. Corrosives area.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Wash hands before eating. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use with adequate ventilation. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Do not ingest or inhale.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Alcohol, oxidizing agents, strong bases, and water.
Hydrogen chloride, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, phosgene gas.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Extinguishing media: Do NOT use water directly on fire. Use foam, dry chemical, or carbon dioxide.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Causes gastrointestinal tract burns.
May cause irritation of the respiratory tract with burning pain in the nose and throat, coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath and pulmonary edema. Causes chemical burns to the respiratory tract. May cause abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and inflammation of the gums and mouth.
Causes skin burns.
Causes eye burns.
Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Get medical aid. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.
I; II; III
2916 39 00