- 4-Chlorophenylsulfonyl isocyanate
- p-Chlorobenzenesulfonyl isocyanate
- Isocyanic acid, anhydride with p-chlorobenzenesulfonic acid
- Benzenesulfonic acid, p-chloro-, anhydride with isocyanic acid
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 20/22 34 42
S 23 26 36/37/39 45
Boiling point, °C
78 - 79 (0.005 torr)
Solubility in water
1.56 (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from sources of ignition. Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly closed container. Corrosives area.
Use spark-proof tools and explosion proof equipment. Do not breathe dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Use only in a chemical fume hood.
Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. Remove all sources of ignition. Use a spark-proof tool.
Strong oxidizing agents, amines.
Hydrogen chloride, nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, oxides of sulfur, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Extinguishing media: Use foam, dry chemical, or carbon dioxide.
Harmful if swallowed. Causes gastrointestinal tract burns. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
Harmful if inhaled. May cause irritation of the respiratory tract with burning pain in the nose and throat, coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath and pulmonary edema. Causes chemical burns to the respiratory tract. Inhalation may be fatal as a result of spasm, inflammation, edema of the larynx and bronchi, chemical pneumonitis and pulmonary edema.
Harmful if absorbed through the skin. Causes skin burns.
Causes eye burns.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Get medical aid immediately.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.