White to off-white solid.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 22 34
S 26 36/37/39 45
Tumorigen; Primary Irritant
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
1.224 g/cm3 (60 C)
Solubility in water
36.8 g/s2 (60 C)
1.5480 (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances.
Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Use with adequate ventilation. Wash clothing before reuse.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable at room temperature in closed containers under normal storage and handling conditions.
Oxidizing agents, strong bases.
Hydrogen chloride, carbon monoxide, oxides of sulfur, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Use water spray to keep fire-exposed containers cool. Containers may explode when heated. Runoff from fire control or dilution water may cause pollution. Extinguishing media: Use water spray to cool fire-exposed containers. For small fires, use dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or water spray. For large fires, use dry chemical, carbon dioxide, alcohol-resistant foam, or water spray.
Non-combustible, substance itself does not burn but may decompose upon heating to produce corrosive and/or toxic fumes.
Contact with metals may evolve flammable hydrogen gas.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Effects may be delayed.
May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May cause cardiac disturbances. May cause central nervous system depression.
Causes respiratory tract irritation. May cause cardiac abnormalities. Can produce delayed pulmonary edema. Inhalation at high concentrations may cause CNS depression and asphixiation.
Causes skin irritation.
Produces irritation, characterized by a burning sensation, redness, tearing, inflammation, and possible corneal injury. Lachrymator. May cause chemical conjunctivitis.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration. If breathing has ceased apply artificial respiration using oxygen and a suitable mechanical device such as a bag and a mask.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT allow victim to rub or keep eyes closed.
I; II; III