- N-Methyl morpholine
Clear, colorless liquid with a strong ammonia-like odor.
Laboratory use. Catalyst. Reaction of phenyl isothiocyanate and diphenylphosphinic hydrazide.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
highly flammable, harmful, corrosive
R 11 20/21/22 34
S 16 26 36/37/39 45
Reproductive Effector; Primary Irritant
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
10 (12 C)
Vapor density (air=1)
0.922 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
0.9 mPa s 20 C
1.4332 (20 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Heat of combustion
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from sources of ignition. Store in a tightly closed container. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Flammables-area.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use with adequate ventilation. Follow all MSDS and label precautions even after container is emptied because they may contain product residues. Use spark-proof tools and explosion proof equipment. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Empty containers retain product residue, (liquid and/or vapor), and can be dangerous. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Do not ingest or inhale. Use only in a chemical fume hood. Do not pressurize, cut, weld, braze, solder, drill, grind, or expose empty containers to heat, sparks or open flames.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Use water spray to dilute spill to a non-flammable mixture. Avoid runoff into storm sewers and ditches which lead to waterways. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Scoop up with a nonsparking tool, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Remove all sources of ignition. Absorb spill using an absorbent, non-combustible material such as earth, sand, or vermiculite. Provide ventilation.
Stable at room temperature in closed containers under normal storage and handling conditions.
Acids, acid chlorides, acid anhydrides, carbon dioxide, strong oxidizing agents.
Nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide.
Upper exp. limit, %
Lower exp. limit, %
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Can release vapors that form explosive mixtures at temperatures above the flashpoint. Use water spray to keep fire-exposed containers cool. Containers may explode in the heat of a fire. Extinguishing media: For small fires, use dry chemical, carbon dioxide, water spray or alcohol-resistant foam. Use water spray to cool fire-exposed containers. In case of fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or chemical foam. Cool containers with flooding quantities of water until well after fire is out.
May be ignited by heat, sparks or flames. Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers. May polymerize explosively when heated or involved in a fire. Runoff to sewer may create fire or explosion hazard. Containers may explode when heated. Many liquids are lighter than water.
Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
OEL-RUSSIA:STEL 5 mg/m3;Skin
Prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause defatting and dermatitis.
Causes gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May be harmful if swallowed.
Causes respiratory tract irritation. Irritation may lead to chemical pneumonitis and pulmonary edema.
Causes skin irritation. May be absorbed through the skin in harmful amounts. May cause skin burns.
Causes moderate eye irritation. May cause eye burns. May cause conjunctivitis.
Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration. If breathing has ceased apply artificial respiration using oxygen and a suitable mechanical device such as a bag and a mask.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Discard contaminated clothing in a manner which limits further exposure. Destroy contaminated shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT allow victim to rub or keep eyes closed. Extensive irrigation is required (at least 30 minutes).
2934 99 90
Std. Transport #