- Propanone oxime
- Acetone, oxime
- 2-Propanone oxime
- Dimethyl ketoxime
White solid. Similar to that of chloral hydrate odor.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 11 20/22
S 16 23 33 36/37
Swiss Giftliste 1
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
4.7 (25 C)
Solubility in water
1.4118 (75 C)
Partition coefficient, pKow
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry place. Keep container closed when not in use.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Avoid ingestion and inhalation.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothing to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide, nitrogen.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. To extinguish fire, use water, dry chemical, chemical foam, or alcohol-resistant foam.
Harmful if swallowed. Ingestion of large amounts may cause gastrointestinal irritation.
Harmful if inhaled. May cause respiratory tract irritation.
May cause skin irritation.
May cause eye irritation.
Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Get medical aid. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.