- Acetic acid, anhydride with isothiocyanic acid
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Boiling point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
8.8 (25 C)
1.151 g/mL (20 C)
Solubility in water
Heat of vaporization
Hazards and Protection.
Keep tightly closed. Store in a cool dry place. Unsuitable: Do not allow water to enter container. Store at 2-8 C
Compatible chemical-resistant gloves.
Government approved respirator.
Absorb on sand or vermiculite and place in closed containers for disposal. Ventilate area and wash spill site after material pickup is complete.
Stable at normal temperatures and pressures. Do not allow water to enter container because of violent reaction.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Carbon monoxide, Carbon dioxide, Nitrogen oxides, Sulfur oxides, Hydrogen cyanide.
Extinguish using Carbon dioxide, dry chemical powder, or appropriate foam. Unsuitable: Do not use water. Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing to prevent contact with skin and eyes.
Combustible material: may burn but does not ignite readily.
Emits toxic fumes under fire conditions. Water reactive material.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
Toxic. Reacts violently with water. Toxic by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed. Irritating to eyes, respiratory system and skin. May cause sensitization by inhalation.
Toxic if swallowed.
Toxic if inhaled. Material is irritating to mucous membranes and upper respiratory tract.
Causes skin irritation. Toxic if absorbed through skin.
Causes eye irritation.
If swallowed, wash out mouth with water provided person is conscious. Call a physician immediately.
If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If not breathing give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
In case of skin contact, flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Call a physician.
In case of contact with eyes, flush with copious amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Assure adequate flushing by separating the eyelids with fingers. Call a physician.