Acetylene, Ethylene and Propylene in mixture
- Acetylene, Ethylene and Propylene in mixture, refrigerated liquid containing at least 71.5% Ethylene with not more than 22.5% Acetylene and not more than 6% Propylene
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Hazards and Protection.
Keep in a cool, dry, dark location in a tightly sealed container or cylinder. Keep away from incompatible materials, ignition sources and untrained individuals. Secure and label area. Protect containers/cylinders from physical damage.
All chemicals should be considered hazardous. Avoid direct physical contact. Use appropriate, approved safety equipment. Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container. Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Wear appropriate protective gloves, clothing and goggles. Always wear thermal protective clothing when handling refrigerated/cryogenic liquids.
Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
Make no contact with the spilled material. ELIMINATE all ignition sources, combustibles and ground all equipment. Stop leak if you can do it without risk. Do not direct water at spill or source of leak. If possible, turn leaking containers so that gas escapes rather than liquid. Isolate area until gas has dispersed.
Extinguish fire with flooding quantities of water or use dry chemical or carbon dioxide.
EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE. Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames. Will form explosive mixtures with air. May ignite spontaneously in air.
Vapors from liquefied gas are initially heavier than air and spread along ground. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Containers may explode when heated.
Fire may produce irritating and/or toxic gases.
The toxological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
May cause irritation.
May cause irritation.
Treat ingestions of greater than 40 milligrams per kilogram with decontamination of the stomach if within 4 hours of ingestion. Administer charcoal as a slurry.
Vapors may cause dizziness or asphyxiation without warning. May be toxic if inhaled at high concentrations.
Contact with gas or liquefied gas may cause burns, severe injury and/or frostbite.
Flush with running water for at least 20 minutes.