Acid Green 50
- Lissamine Green B
- C.I. 44090
- Wool Green S
- Methanaminium, N-[4-[[4-(dimethylamino)phenyl](2-hydroxy-3,6-disulfo-1-naphthalenyl)methylene]-2,5-cyclohexadien-1-ylidene]-N-methyl-, hydroxide, Na salt
Brown to black powder.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Tumorigen; Mutagen; Reproductive Effector
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep container closed when not in use. Store protected from light. Store in a cool, dry area away from incompatible substances.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Store protected from light.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothing to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to minimize contact with skin.
A respiratory protection program that meets OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.134 and ANSI Z88.2 requirements or European Standard EN 149 must be followed whenever workplace conditions warrant a respirator's use.
Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Provide ventilation.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures. May be sensitive to light.
Strong oxidizing agents, strong bases, direct light.
Nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, oxides of sulfur, carbon dioxide, sodium monoxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. To extinguish fire use water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or appropriate foam.
During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion.
The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated. May be harmful if swallowed. Causes gastrointestinal tract irritation. Causes digestive tract irritation.
The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated. Causes irritation of the mucous membrane and upper respiratory tract.
Causes skin irritation.
Causes eye irritation.
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.