- Silane, dichloromethyl-2-propenyl-
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
R 11 14 34
S 16 26 36/37/39 45
Japan ENCS (MITI)
Boiling point, °C
1.0667 g/cm3 (20 C)
Solubility in water
1.4409 (20 C)
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from sources of ignition. Store in a cool, dry place. Store in a tightly closed container. Keep away from water. Flammables-area. Store under an inert atmosphere.
Use spark-proof tools and explosion proof equipment. Do not breathe dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Use only in a chemical fume hood.
Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Absorb spill with inert material, (e.g., dry sand or earth), then place into a chemical waste container. Remove all sources of ignition. Use a spark-proof tool. Do not expose spill to water.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Oxidizing agents, acids, bases, alcohols, amines, ammonia, peroxides, aldehydes (e.g. acetaldehyde, acrolein, chloral hydrate, formaldehyde), ketones (e.g. acetone, acetophenone, MEK, MIBK).
Hydrogen chloride, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, silicon oxide.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. Water Reactive. Material will react with water and may release a flammable and/or toxic gas. Containers may explode in the heat of a fire. Extinguishing media: Use foam, dry chemical, or carbon dioxide. DO NOT USE WATER!
Causes gastrointestinal tract burns. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
Causes chemical burns to the respiratory tract. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
Causes skin burns.
Causes eye burns.
Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Get medical aid immediately.
Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical aid.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, occasionally lifting the upper and lower eyelids. Get medical aid immediately.