- Silane, tris(1-methylethyl)-2-propenyl-
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Boiling point, °C
130 (16 torr)
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Store in a tightly closed container. Keep under a nitrogen blanket.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Use spark-proof tools and explosion proof equipment. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Use only in a chemical fume hood.
Chemical splash goggles in compliance with OSHA regulations are advised; however, OSHA regulations also permit other type safety glasses. Whre chemical resistant gloves. To prevent repeated or prolonged skin contact, wear impervious clothing and boots.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Cover with sand and place into a closed container for disposal. Place under an inert atmosphere.
Has not been fully evaluated.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
May cause irritation of the digestive tract. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated. May be harmful if swallowed.
May cause respiratory tract irritation. The toxicological properties of this substance have not been fully investigated.
May cause skin irritation. No information regarding skin irritation and other potential effects was found.
May cause eye irritation. No information regarding eye irritation and other potential effects was found.
If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Get medical aid immediately.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Get medical aid immediately. Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
If symptoms develop, immediately move individual away from exposure and into fresh air. Flush eyes gently with water for at least 15 minutes while holding eyelids apart; seek immediate medical attention.