Off-white to pale-yellow powder.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Melting point, °C
Boiling point, °C
Solubility in water
Partition coefficient, pKow
Hazards and Protection.
Store in a cool, dry location. Keep containers tightly sealed.
Use only in a chemical fume hood. Only handly while using the recommended protective equipment. Remove and launder contaminated clothing and shoes before reuse.
Chemical splash goggles in compliance with OSHA regulations are advised; however, OSHA regulations also permit other type safety glasses. Whre chemical resistant gloves. To prevent repeated or prolonged skin contact, wear impervious clothing and boots.
NIOSH/MSHA approved respirator.
Evacuate area. Wear SCB A, rubber boots and gloves. Sweep up, place in a bag and hold for waste disposal. Avoid raising dust. Provide adequate ventilation. Wash site after material pickup is complete.
Stable at normal temperatures and pressures.
Strong oxidizing agents.
Oxides of carbon and nitrogen.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Use agent most appropriate to extinguish fire.
Initially CNS depression is seen, followed by CNS stimulation. Drowsiness, weakness, confusion, jitteriness, hallucinations, nightmares and apprehension have been reported as has aggressive behavior and seizures after a single 800 mg dose.
Harmful if swallowed. Nausea.
Irritation, headache.. Reproductive disorders. COngestive heart failure.
Seek medical attention. If individual is drowsy or unconscious, do not give anything by mouth; place individual on the left side with the head down. Contact a physician, medical facility, or poison control center for advice about whether to induce vomiting. If possible, do not leave individual unattended.
If symptoms develop, move individual away from exposure and into fresh air. If symptoms persist, seek medical attention. If breathing is difficult, administer oxygen. Keep person warm and quiet; seek immediate medical attention.
Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes.
If symptoms develop, immediately move individual away from exposure and into fresh air. Flush eyes gently with water for at least 15 minutes while holding eyelids apart; seek immediate medical attention.