Ammonium oxalate monohydrate
- Diammonium oxalate monohydrate
- Ethanedioic acid, diammonium salt, monohydrate
white orthorhombic crystals
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
EC Index Number
Japan ENCS (MITI)
C2H8N2O4 . H2O
Melting point, °C
Vapor density (air=1)
Odor Threshold Odor threshold Odorless
1.577 g/cm3 (25 C)
Solubility in water
45 g/L (20 C)
Heat of combustion
Hazards and Protection.
Keep away from sources of ignition. Store in a tightly closed container. Keep from contact with oxidizing materials. Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible substances. Corrosives area.
Wash thoroughly after handling. Wash hands before eating. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Do not ingest or inhale. Do not allow contact with water. Wash clothing before reuse. Discard contaminated shoes.
Eyes: Wear appropriate protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles as described by OSHA's eye and face protection regulations in 29 CFR 1910.133 or European Standard EN166. Skin: Wear appropriate protective gloves to prevent skin exposure. Clothing: Wear appropriate protective clothing to prevent skin exposure.
Follow the OSHA respirator regulations found in 29CFR 1910.134 or European Standard EN 149. Always use a NIOSH or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator when necessary.
Avoid runoff into storm sewers and ditches which lead to waterways. Clean up spills immediately, using the appropriate protective equipment. Sweep up, then place into a suitable container for disposal. Avoid generating dusty conditions. Remove all sources of ignition. Provide ventilation. Do not get water inside containers.
Stable under normal temperatures and pressures.
Sodium hypochloride + ammonium acetate.
Carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide, nitric oxide (NOx) and ammonia (NH3) fumes.
Wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in pressure-demand, MSHA/NIOSH (approved or equivalent), and full protective gear. During a fire, irritating and highly toxic gases may be generated by thermal decomposition or combustion. Substance is noncombustible. Extinguishing media: Do NOT get water inside containers. For small fires, use dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or water spray. For large fires, use dry chemical, carbon dioxide, alcohol-resistant foam, or water spray. Cool containers with flooding quantities of water until well after fire is out.
HIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Will be easily ignited by heat, sparks or flames.
Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers.
Fire may produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
2 (Very strong toxins)
Occasional complications include: GI hemorrhage, kidney and liver damage, cardiac failure, and pulmonary edema. May cause kidney damage.
May cause kidney damage. Causes severe pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and shock. Causes severe digestive tract burns with abdominal pain, vomiting, and possible death. May cause hemorrhaging of the digestive tract. Can cause nervous system damage. May cause cardiovascular effects including low blood pressure and shock.
Causes severe irritation of upper respiratory tract with coughing, burns, breathing difficulty, and possible coma. May cause effects similar to those described for ingestion. May cause pulmonary edema and severe respiratory disturbances.
Causes skin burns.
Causes eye burns. May cause temporary corneal clouding and ulceration.
Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
Get medical aid immediately. Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. DO NOT use mouth-to-mouth respiration.
Get medical aid immediately. Immediately flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Destroy contaminated shoes.
Get medical aid immediately. Do NOT allow victim to rub or keep eyes closed. Extensive irrigation is required (at least 30 minutes).
USCG CHRIS Code
2917 11 00