- Ammonium bisulfide
- Ammonium hydrogen sulfide
- Ammonium hydrosulfide
Clear, yellowish liquid. Kept basic with NaOH as acid will release hydrogen sulfide gas.
Substance is used in lubricants.
Registry Numbers and Inventories.
Swiss Giftliste 1
Melting point, °C
Sublimation point, °C
Vapor pressure, mmHg
355 (20 C)
Solubility in water
Hazards and Protection.
Wear appropriate protective gloves, clothing and goggles.
Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
Make no contact with the spilled material. Fully encapsulating, vapor protective clothing should be worn for spills and leaks with no fire. ELIMINATE all ignition sources and ground all equipment. Stop leak if you can do it without risk. A vapor suppressing foam may be used to reduce vapors. Absorb or cover with dry earth, sand or other non-combustible material and transfer to containers. Use clean non-sparking tools to collect absorbed material.
Keep away from acids, reducing agents and strong bases.
Small Fires: Dry chemical, CO2, water spray or alcohol-resistant foam. Large Fires: Water spray, fog or alcohol-resistant foam.
Flammable/combustible material. May be ignited by heat, sparks or flames.
Vapors may form explosive mixtures with air. Vapors may travel to source of ignition and flash back. Most vapors are heavier than air. They will spread along ground and collect in low or confined areas (sewers, basements, tanks). Vapor explosion hazard indoors, outdoors or in sewers.
Fire will produce irritating, corrosive and/or toxic gases.
May cause toxic effects.
Vapors may cause dizziness or suffocation. May cause toxic effects.
Contact with substance may cause severe burns.
Seek medical assistance.
Move victim to fresh air. Apply artificial respiration if victim is not breathing. Administer oxygen if breathing is difficult.
Remove and isolate contaminated clothing and shoes. In case of contact with substance, immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes. Wash skin with soap and water.
In case of contact with substance, immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes.